Sunday 19 July 2020

Single Moms Discover a New Friend

40 Best New-Mom Quotes - Wise Sayings for First-Time Parents

I had a meeting last week with a new friend. It was only our second meeting, and I already feel like we have known each other forever. From the moment I saw her, we had something... not only is she the cutest thing ever, but we just have this synergy. We sat down and before I knew it, almost two hours had passed. She is really a remarkable woman.

I'll be quite honest, as I've gotten older, it's a lot harder for me to find friends... not acquaintances but real, honest friends. Do you have the same trouble? I have ones who I've known for several years and none of them live locally. As I've often wondered, as you age, where do you find good, quality friends? You know when you were in grade school, the ones you just click with and where it's just easy with them? Where do you find those kinds of friends? If you don't find them through other friends, college, or a work, where do you find them falling in love with a single mom quotes?

It's interesting, because as a single mom, you have limited time for friends, but you still want some. You want the quality ones that you know you can count on no matter what. They will always be there.

When I first shared my single mom story with her, I knew she could relate. For eight years, she was a single mom. She had been through the struggles, obstacles, and triumphs. She not only survived but thrived. She can now look at her beautiful daughters and know she did a fabulous job with them, because those two girls are incredible people. I'm eager to watch them grow.

On our second meeting, she demonstrated support, care, and downright honesty, which I absolutely love. She is that type of person you can't help but like and you just want to be around more and more. She laughs easily alongside you, lifts you up, and encourages you... oh and loves my son. This..and I've only been around her twice. She is an infectious person, who I've come to, quite simply, adore.

No matter where you go or what you do in life, this is the type of person you want to surround yourself with. The woman who will be there for you, guide, help, encourage, support, and love you. The woman who at the end of the day, you can call your friend. Someone you trust, who will be honest with you, and when it comes down to it will always be on your side.

My new friend is AMAZING, and I look forward to the next time I'm honored to share with her girls and her. Get rid of all the toxic, negative people in your life. You don't have the time or energy for them, and you DESERVE better! So now, make it your MISSION to find your own new friend whom you just click with, has similar qualities, and is fun. Because there is nothing quite like having a conversation with a great girlfriend where time just flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment